My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Summer Challenge at Scrap Love - Week One


I have been doing a challenge at Scrap Love and so I thought I would post some of my entries on my blog!
Oprah Adventure
Week one we were asked to use 3 office supplies.The office supplies I used are: date stamp(upper right corner), manila envelope, and staples (embelished with beads).
My journaling reads: "Of all of my adventures on my life's journey, the trip I took with my sister to Seattle for Oprah's 'Live Your Best Life' conference, was truly special. After fate helped me secure two tickets, i decided to take my sister, who had just been recently widowed. We stayed in the most amazing B&B that was right across the street from a magical Budhist garden, took ferry boat rides, walked, talked, journaled, cried and spent an awesome day with Oprah at the conference. We were so excited to be featured (in this photo) on her website!!Everything unfolded to be so healing for my sister and a treasured memory I will cherish forever.

No comments:

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails