My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Summer Challenge at Scrap Love - Week Five


Journey- Week Five
This week we were challenged to pick from certain words for our title and to use buttons and chipboard in out layout. I used clear and heart buttons and chipboard letters in my title.
I have had this picture for a couple of years and didn't know what to do with it. It is 4 days after spinal surgery and there is a definite shadow cast in the middle of it , so it's not the greatest quality,but it tells a story and I was so glad that I could finally scrap this.
The journaling reads:
"In the middle of the turbulence surrounding you, these trying times that are so hard to endure, in the middle of what seems to be your darkest hour hold fast your heart and be assured. This too shall pass, like every night that come before it..." I had a spinal fusion in 1999 and with my recovery came 5 years freedom from terrible pain-until it returned with a vengence..so, here I am constantly learning to live life to the fullest despite chronic pain. I am learning to take joy in this journey for it has brought me here, to this moment. I have "set my eyes above the mountains and lifted my head up to the sky." It's a journey to a new normal and I'm going to hang on, buckle myself in and enjoy the ride!

2 comments:

Adriann said...

Great journaling! I love the colors you use and the paper piecing. Somehow, the shadow adds symbolism to the journaling. Great job!

Adriann said...

Wow! You've been busy! I've enjoyed all of your newest layouts, especially Metamorphosis. Talented lady you are...

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails