My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Creative Art Journal Challenge Week #18


For this week the art challenge is 'nature.'
Create your card that reflects nature to you. I used a fun masking technique to create my card. I first painted it green then placed a flower mask that I inked over top of to create the background. I mounted the pic onto black card stock and cut the words 'nature'out of cardboard with my Quickkutz to reflect the natural feel
I was trying to achieve.I wrapped some fibre around the card and attached an old piece of jewellery to the end.
One of my most favorite places to view nature is on my front porch just off of our dining room. There is a beautiful Mountain Ash tree in view and you can literally watch the seasons change with just a glimpse out the window. I most love when the Bohemian Waxwings migrate south by the thousands from the North Pole and devour the fermented berries and get a little tipsy!!

4 comments:

Adriann said...

This is simply gorgeous!!! I think this is my favorite so far.

I look forward to the challenge. Our weather is so crazy here. One minute it's cold the next well... let's just say we are going to have a high in the mid 70's. LOL!!!

DMB said...

Thank you so much for inviting me to the challenge. I have never scrap-booked before. It looks like it might be addicting! Cool.

Thank you for explaining how you achieved the look. Its absolutely gorgeous. I have no materials with which to scrap, but I am going to start looking around.

Who knows, maybe one day, I'll have something pretty decent to reveal!

Bea said...

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I don't have a pattern for my Mini Babette Blanket. I just made it up after looking at other peoples photos - Sorry! :)

Adriann said...

Here's mine:

Journaling is a haiku which reads:

snow blooms fill the earth-
thanksgiving and baseball burst-
ice begins to melt-

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/Adriann7/scan0032.jpg

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails