My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Belly up!


I've been surrounded by pregnancy related things this week. First my partner and I prepared 12 belly casting kits for prenatal classes at a health unit. We placed them in the cutest containers too.
Then I facilitated a Mother Blessing ceremony for my daughter in law on Saturday evening and it was beautiful!I prepared these bracelets for her to tie on everyone's wrists.
After the blessings were read my mother as the oldest matriarch then adorned her hips and she began to dance.We all thoroughly enjoyed the evening!

1 comment:

TanishaRenee said...

WHat a special tradition! I know everyone enjoyed themselves!

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails