My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

No pics to share:(

Got back last night after 11 flights,5 countries and a car trip up the entire Eastern coast of the US. Had a great time in the islands, took over 300 photos....and then lost my camera.

We flew from St. Lucia to Atalnta, our plane taxied in the air for an hour so we missed our connecting flight home. Stayed over night in Atlanta, boarded our Delta flight and talk about the scariest thing ever.....one of the engines failed(and everyone heard it) and we had to turn around and fly back to Atlanta to land.....people were crying and the stewardess was very tense and scared...fire trucks were waiting for us....it was the most frightening thing I've ever experienced...and so we decided that we would rent a car and drive to Montreal....in the path of the tornadoes...we were always about an hour ahead of the storms (but the weather was awful)and the emergency radio kept coming on telling us what to do in the event of a tornado!!!!!
So in perspective losing my camera isn't the worst thing but I'm sad to have lost this pics.

We had a wonderful time on our vacation though and it's nice to be home.My husband and daughter surprised me by renovating the back porch and my kitchen (repainted, new handles, new dishes, recycling center) so that was such a sweet surprise!!!

No comments:

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails