My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

SOSL Challenge #3



The challenge for this week comes in two parts:

1) Your layout must be created primarily with transparencies - either as a background or a large transparency overlay. And we really don't want to see just a teeny transparency on the page either.

2) The title of your layout has to be a song title/lyrics. And we want to see journaling. Please make sure to type out your journaling when uploading your layout.

I chose the song"My Precious One" by Celine Dion. This is a pic of me and my newest grandson and he is definitely precious!This is the first transparency I've ever done. For this I stamped the background also used another transparency to create a library pocket and used Basic Grey to create a tag. I inked around the photo and tag with Shabby Shutters distress ink. I stamped butterflies twice and layered them on top of each other to create a 3D effect.
The journaling is an excerpt from the song that goes:
"And in your dreams
You'll ride on angels' wings
Dance with the stars
And touch the face of God,
And if you should awake...
My precious one, my tiny one
I'll kiss your little cheek
And underneath the smiling moon
I'll sing you back to sleep"

1 comment:

Shannon said...

tears.
Damn it.
Yer great.

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails