My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

SOSL Week #6 Challenge

***UPDATE!!!
I was picked as Guest Judge Kolette Hall's favorite in this week's challenge!
Woo hoo! Go here to see what she had to say!!!
For our final week of the Summer of Scraplovin’, we want to go out with a bang! This week is time for you to strut your stuff, for you to shine! The challenge is to create an altered item that the main subject is YOU! This can be a mini-book (2 pages minimum plus front cover), a framed project, a canvas piece, or any other altered creation. We want to see your passion in this project. Give others the chance to know you – whether it be your attitude, your spunk, your traits, anything really that just a nice little view into what makes YOU! We want to be able to see depth and creativity as well as originality in your creation! While a photo of yourself is not required, we would like to see one.
For this challenge I chose to make a mini book called Me,myself and I. I asked my family members to come up with a word for every letter in my name that best
defines who I am.
I used Maya Road Chipboard album and
all of the stuff I love.(Click on the pics to see them closer)

The journaling reads:
M is for Mighty
I have been on death's door twice and I live a new normal life with chronic pain - yet still I rise!- and I am happy. Mighty me!!

O is for Organized
I cannot rest or relax amidst clutter so I've had to train my right brained self to become more organized!

N is for Nurturing
I love to take care of my pregnant clients, my friends and my family but more importantly, I'm learning to love to care for myself.

I is for Idealistic
For me there is no dream that cannot be realized if you just believe.

C is for Creative
I love the arts whether it be singing, acting, cooking, sewing, knitting, writing or scrapping! I wish I could do it all everyday!!!

A is for Authentic
I've always tried to live an authentic life and I've always been a free spirit , I'm anxious to see who I'm going to be and what I still have to learn. We are all unfinished masterpieces!

2 comments:

~ Mylene ~ said...

It's fabulous, Monica, a reflection of your beauty, of course.

Peace ~

xox
M

candy said...

ooo! where did you get that chocolate flower?

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails