My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Friday, September 19, 2008

ahhh!...harvest Time:)




Fall is probably my most favorite season of the year and that is partly due to the fact the the cool air seems to contrast so wonderfully with the amazing kitchen aromas that permeate through the air.We cleaned out our community garden plot for another year so I cooked some swiss chard and wonderful beans with our harvest... and although this season makes for more work ( I still have carrots, beets and apples to do) it is so worth it knowing that the wholesome foods that we will ingest only required sunshine, rain, dirt and a little tender loving care.
Nana's Easy Bean Stew
This is cooked in a slow cooker and to quote my husband"what can anyone make that tastes any better than that!! Delicious!!!"
2 cups dry navy beans
1 jar of prepared spaghetti sauce (I know!!!)
2 ham hocks
2-3 bay leaves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp parsley
Dump these items into the crock pot and cover with water. Place on high a cook for a couple of hours. Add the following:
3 carrots - cut up
2 potatoes -cubed
1 large sliced onion
garlic clove
Cook until the beans are soft and the meat falls off the bone.
Delicious!!!!!

4 comments:

Renee said...

I love fall too!! BTW You've been Tagged!

Julia said...

This sounds wonderful. Another one here that loves the fall too.

Nnairda's said...

Sounds yummy!

Bernadette said...

Hi Cousin Moon,
I love the Bean soup recipe but wanted to know the recipe of the pic right under it. You forgot to mention you are a Party Planner as well! Have a good one.
Love ya,
Bernadette

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails