My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

80 in 08!!!


So sorry that I haven't posted in awhile but I've been busy with my mom's 80th birthday bash. EVERYTHING was orange ( her fave color) and everyone dressed with a touch of orange.
The best part was all of the friends and family that came from as far as New York and Arizona!
We had a program which consisted of my cousins doing an African dance honoring the matriarch which all of the women joined in, a poem reading from all of the granddaughters, a stand up comedy routine from my niece from New York who is hilarious, and ending with my mom's first dance with all of her grandsons, great grandsons, her brother and son in laws.
My immediate family was all present which was really touching for my mom because a couple of my brothers have been MIA for a few years so we manage to snap a few family pics before they disappeared agin in to the sunset The first pic is of our immediate family and all 7 siblings(I'm 3rd from the right).

1 comment:

candy said...

Thanks for your wonderful comment on my blog! It just made my day. I love orange too!

:)
candy

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails