My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The earth has shifted.......


It is an amazing moment in history whether you like politics or not....the world just made a big shift.....and it's amazing.
For me as a Democrat abroad, I felt so privileged to be able to vote in this election. This is something we take so much for granted...
I spent the evening at a local pub with all of the other Americans abroad from our area and I even was featured on the news and in the paper which was kind of cool!
I can't stop smiling either. Not only because Obama is a black man, but because he is a great man and finally a man was judged on the content of his character not by the color of his skin. Martin Luther King can finally rest in peace.
_________________

4 comments:

Emerald City Elegance said...

I am so with you on this!!!! Finally we have hope for the future of our country! This is truly a step in the right direction for the US!

Nnairda's said...

Amen!

TanishaRenee said...

Oh so true!!

candy said...

Yay! I hear ya!!

:)
candy

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails