My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Amazing busy weekend!!!







I had a really busy but wonderful weekend. It started on Saturday afternoon with a birthday lunch for my daughter and then we all headed back to my house for a scrapbook sleepover. What she didn't know, however, was that I had planned a Mother Blessing and a belly casting surprise for her and she was thrilled. It was such a moving Mother blessing and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Once we were done we scrapped until 2 AM and got up and made omelets in a bag! They were so easy and delicious to make!! Go here for the recipe. After breakfast my daughter had her belly cast my both her grandmother and myself so that was truly a special moment.
We continued to scrap the day away until everyone went home exhausted but happy after spending time with a powerful circle of women!

2 comments:

Nnairda's said...

Aah! How wonderful!! I wish I had someone like you here in Montgomery. I sometimes wish I was in Los Angeles where doulas and midwives are more welcomed.

I gave you an award. Stop by my blog and pick it up.

Adriann

Terri said...

Wow, I've never heard of this before. What fun and what a great memory! Glad you all were able to share the experience.

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails