My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Rhubarb's ready!



I had a nice first crop of rhubarb from my yard so I made a Rhubarb and Strawberry pie and prepped the rhubarb to make some jam tomorrow! The pie was delicious!

Rhubarb and Strawberry Pie

2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
2 1/2 cups chopped fresh(or frozen) rhubarb
1 1/4 cup white sugar
3 Tbl of Minute tapioca ( for thickening)
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
pinch of salt
Stir together and let sit for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Stir in 1 - 2 Tbl grated orange rind
Pour into prepared pie crust and top with 1 -2 Tbl butter chopped
Place top crust and crimp edges and cut vents into top.

Bake to 40 minutes at 400.
Cool to room temperature. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Yummo!

1 comment:

candy said...

mmmmm! I'm coming over!

:)
Candy

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails