Sunday, August 23, 2009
The wedding of Sheena and Curtis
The wedding was storybook perfect in every way! There are some amazing things that I learned after 3/3 successful marriages of our children.
1. Never under estimate the power of ritual, tradition and the opportunity to celebrate your family both old and new, friends and loved ones.
2. Take time as the parent to rest in between the ceremony and the reception not only to regather yourself, but to also reflect on the beauty and wonder of the day.
3. Cherish your family and friends and be sure to tell them how much they mean to you
4. Offer guidance to the couple wthout taking control of their wedding...this is their day to be shared in the way they want it ot be.
5. ....and the most important of all Accept help for the preparations, rehearsal dinner etc.from those who offer.
I know it made all the difference for my enjoyment. I had a fantastic time! Thank you to my wonderful friends and family!
Congratulations Sheena and Curtis! We love you!