My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Life Q #4 - What are you truly grateful for?


What are you truly grateful for?
In light of what has happened of late to the poor people of Haiti I thought it would be a good time for us all to reflect on what we are truly grateful for. My journaling reads " I am very grateful for my health and my life' My health has taken a turn for the good lately and I am so very grateful for that. On the angel wing I wrote "Bless the Haitian people"
I used gesso to cover up all of the background of the Christmas card except the little girl's face. I then washed the background with 2 shades of transparent acrylic paint. I stamped thank you's on the background and then added gold and iridescent mica flakes. The printed paper on her body is taken from a page in a Frend dictionary that has the word 'priere' (prayer on it. I finished it off with Blue Azure reinker from Stampin' Up
Please give all that you can to Hope For Haiti Now.

No comments:

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails