My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Life Q's - Week #8- What profundity 'moves' you and touches your soul?


What profundity 'moves' you and touches your soul?
A profundity can be a lyric from a song, a quote from the spoken word or a verse from the Bible. Something you hear and it really moves and inspires you.
For this prompt i journaled "Yet Still I Rise' by Yolanda Adams. That song has risen me up from the darkest moments in my life and it has really inspired me to always just put one step in front of the other.
For my page I first painted the background with gesso and then blue paint. I created a sun with orange printed paper that I embelished with yellow paint and gold stickles. I used a photo and added elements to it and then added a string of pompoms for some whimsy. The pom pom flower has real copper leaves and the center circle is tuille. The arrow and clouds were painted with Stampin Up shimmer paint. K and Company felt flowers and a little die cut bee finish off the page.
***LEAVE A POST TO A LINK SHOWING YOUR LIFE Q IN THE COMMENT SECTION HERE AND YOU WILL BE ENTERED FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A MINI ART JOURNAL KIT. SEE VIDEO ABOVE FOR MORE DETAILS***

4 comments:

vikkiscrappygal said...

HI! It's me Vikki (Veronica ,is my real name). Love this page. Listened to the song,it's great. Thanks for sharing your art and life with us.

Digupstuff said...

I found this in this book that a friend told me about, The Handbook For The New Paradigm "May your day be blessed with the Love that is yours, for you are Love in manifestation." It gave me a ton of energy after I read it and inspired me to get even more creative than I have in a long, long time! I am LOVE in manifestation?! That just makes me feel so good! I hope this is what you wanted for your contest sweetie? Thanks for the opportunity!

Jude said...

Hi Nana!!!!,
I have been a little backward in my Q's, things have caught me off beat, but im still here, and will pick the pace up when im feeling the need to, but this one has:
Forgiveness is one of the Hardest lessons in Life to learn: How can we NOT forgive each other, and YET ask GOD to forgive US!!!

Arohanui X
Jude

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?
I'm planning to start my own website soon but I'm a little
lost on everything. Would you suggest starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option?
There are so many choices out there that I'm totally overwhelmed ..
Any suggestions? Thank you!

My website: les aliments coupe faim

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails