My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Non Toxic Wasp Killer


I don't know about you but we seem to be have a large influx of wasps already this year.I woke up in the night to go to the bathroom and looking across from me on the sink was the queen mother of wasps!! I jumped up so fast and I thank God for Keigels or I would have peed my pants!!I've been searching the net for ways to kill them without poisoning everyone else and I came across this super easy, inexpensive recipe.
How to Make a Non-toxic Wasp Spray
Difficulty: Easy
Instructions
Things You'll Need:
* Dish soap.
* Water
* A container that helps you spray the solution from far away: dish soap dispenser, spray bottle, or 2 liter bottle.
Step 1
Find a container for spraying water long distances...something with a narrow opening. Something you can squeeze. Something like a dish soap bottle or a two liter bottle.
A spray bottle may work for weaker concentrations of soapy water, but the soap may jam the spray mechanism.
Step 2

Fill the container with a mixture of dish soap and water.Use about 1/8 cup of soap for every two cups of water.Mix it up really good. For best results and maximum killing power, use very hot water.
Step 3
Find the wasps nest and spray the heck out of it with the soap water solution.
The soap coats the wasps' wings so they can't fly, and coats their exo-skeletons so they can't breathe. They suffocate to death. When it's clear the wasps are down and dying and nobody is coming back out to rally the troops, knock down the nest and dump more soap water into it.
Step 4
Turn on the hose and wash the soap water off whatever you sprayed it on.

7 comments:

Candy Bello said...

We've got some of these pesky wasps here too. Thanks for the post. I like your new blog layout :)

Candy

vikkiscrappygal said...

We are having a hornets problem at my house. Thanks for sharing,I'm gonna try this on the hornets

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site doulanana.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Anonymous said...

Good Article
http://www.medcareforyou.com/product/alavert/

Anonymous said...

Good article. Thank you.
http://www.box.net/shared/8guoosaf43

Anonymous said...

Cool. Thank you.
http://www.box.net/shared/vdzx4ngh23

Anonymous said...

The article was very interesting and informative for me. weight loss

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails