My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 4 - 40 Day Shred - Can't Phone it in!


I woke up and my day had already taken a complete 180 to what I had planned....that's perfectly OK as I am very flexible and it was no big deal but it served as a possible GOOD excuse not to do my workout. That was quickly followed by a phone call where although well intentioned, the caller made a comment that I chose to take in a negative way....excuse #2 why I don't want to do my workout....my feelings are a little hurt. Then I started thinking about something I remembered from the Pain Clinic where they talked about turning negative thoughts into positive ones so I thought, get those shoes on your feet and move your butt.I jumped and punched the negativity right out of my mind. To my surprise. not only was the the workout over quickly, it was awesome and getting easier every day. Jillian Michaels says, "You can't phone it in. You HAVE to do the work."...and she is right. I took my Big Emotions drops from my homeopath and dug my heels in and I'm so glad I did! Woohoo for me!

1 comment:

NickelNook said...

I like this...real life trying to interfere with your plan! It would have been too easy to forgo the workout Monica...I'm so proud of you for sticking to it! Perhaps your distraction with the phone call was enough to keep your mind occupied during the workout and the time just flew by. If so, I could give you an annoying phone call every day just before you work out and make it that much easier for you! lol :o)

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails