My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 5 - 30 Day Shred - Stress!


I woke up in the middle of the night with familiar neck pain so Richard went and got my ice collar and I thought....oh dear you've over done it...(good excuse not to workout right???) but then the voices of Jesse and Lee from PHAT Inc. were in my head....you can work through the pain...(of course I told them to shut up!). By the time I got up I immediately got ready for my workout and let my body tell me when to stop...and it didn't. Every day I hear Jillian Michaels speak to me saying something I need to hear on that day. She shouted, "You want to see change?! Well you need to put stress on the body." Did that Jillian...thanks:) From what I've been reading online some people have started to see changes on Day 5. I haven't seen any remarkable physical changes, but my mental approach to working out is going through a metamorphosis and that's a good thing. I took a Day 5 picture and I will compare it to Day 10 and maybe post them if I'm brave enough! So visualize me singing the lyrics to Barry Manilow's song I Made it Through as I go about my day!
"Just aim beyond the clouds
And rise above the crowds
And start your own parade
'Cause when I chased my fears away
That's when I knew that I could finally say
I made it through.....!"

1 comment:

NickelNook said...

Oh Monica! You impress me so! Yay for you...way to go! :o)

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails