My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Anniversary to us!


It seems like yesterday that we were getting ready for the wedding. I was at my parents home getting dressed. The house smelled of roses as a friend of my parents had roses flown in for the wedding. There must've been 50 dozen roses everywhere. Our wedding was so nice and I was so-o-o scared. The reception was at the Saxony Hotel which was really nice back in the day and we dined on Filet Mignon. Our first dance song was the Theme from Romeo and Juliet the movie.
We changed into our funky outfits and bid farewell as couples used to do back in the day and I remember as we sat in the car to leave my pants split open!!! Ha ha ha ...fun times. We took a road trip honeymoon to Vancouver stopping in cabins at Jasper. Wow...39 years, 3 children and 5 grandsons later...wow!
It takes a lot of hard work and there are MANY hills and valleys to get this far in a marriage and we plan on celebrating in true style with annivesary games...stay tuned!!

1 comment:

NickelNook said...

Oh Monica...Huge CONGRATULATIONS to you and your husband!! That is cause for a fabulous celebration! Thank you for sharing the wonderful photo! We just had our 26th and look forward to the 39th! (Those numbers add up faster all the time, don't they? lol) Have a fantastic time with your "anniversary games"!...Nancy :o)

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails