My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Italian Pancake Lasagna Casserole






What do pancakes and Lasagna have in common? Just a whole lot of yumminess, that's all. I made this delicious recipe (see below) from yoyomax12 on Youtube.( I would reccomend watching her video on how to make this as the recipe seems complicated but it is so super easy!) You have to check her out. Every single recipe that I've made from her has been so good and so easy. If you want a really yummy easy supper recipe give this a try. I made three of them as I made one for a new mommy and one for my friend recovering from surgery. The top one in the second picture,is made with ground turkey,whole wheat pancakes and partly skimmed mozza cheese, making it low G.I. and just a good!
***The only change I made in the recipe is that I replaced the tomato sauce and spices with prepared pasta sauce which I embellished with fresh herbs from my potager.***Give it a try and you won't be disappointed and it freezes well too!
Perfect with garlic bread and a salad.
Italian Pancake Lasagna Casserole
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup all−purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound lean ground beef**
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste**
2 tablespoons instant minced onion **
1 teaspoon basil**
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt**
1/2 teaspoon oregano**
1/2 teaspoon salt**
1/4 teaspoon pepper**
1 cup creamed cottage cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine eggs and milk in medium mixing bowl with rotary beater. Add flour and salt; beat until
smooth. Heat a 9−inch skillet over medium high heat. Grease lightly before baking each pancake. Pour
batter, 1/3 cup at a time, into skillet tilting pan to spread evenly over bottom. When pancake is light
brown and set, turn to brown other side. Prepare 4 pancakes.
Brown ground beef in medium skillet; add tomato paste, onion, basil, garlic salt, oregano, salt and
pepper. Place one pancake on bottom of 10−inch pie pan, 9−inch round cake pan or 9−inch skillet.
Spread with 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 meat mixture, 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese and 1
tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese. Repeat with remaining pancakes ending with cheese. Bake at 375
degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
To serve, cut into wedges.
Yield: 5 to 6 servings
Tip: Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.

No comments:

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails