My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Monday, June 6, 2011

A Walk in my Yard






Sometimes you just have to step outside and right before your eyes is a wonderful retreat of just plain prettiness. I wanted to catch the Forget-Me-Nots before they were gone and forgotten and I managed to snap a picture of a poppy seconds before it bloomed!
For the past few years I've planted a jardin potager(A potager is a French term for an ornamental vegetable or kitchen garden) right outside of my backdoor which opens right from my kitchen and I have fresh herbs right at my fingertips in nano seconds. The aroma of the herbs wafting through the window is an awesome side effect too!
We have what I like to call tomato alley which is a series of ceramic pots filled with different tomatoes and all I have left to do is plant some lettuce and spinach and my salad garden is done!

1 comment:

NickelNook said...

Wonderful photos Monica! Thank you so much for sharing them. I just love our variety of seasons, don't you? Our cold winters help us appreciat this time of year even more! :o)

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails