My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dump Cake Recipe


Even though I'm still watching my weight I like to make my husband a treat once in awhile so tonight I made a Peach/Pineapple Dump cake for dessert. I split the recipe in half and gave one to my son and his wife.
The recipe goes like this:
2 cans sliced peaches (one drained, one not)
1 can crushed pineapple(do not drain)
1 box yellow or white cake mix
1/2 cup butter.
Lightly oil a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Dump all 3 cans of fruit onto baking pan. Evenly pour dry cake mix (yes, you read that right!...dry cake mix!) over and spread out evenly. Melt butter and drizzle on top.
Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
**Note**It's a really sweet dessert so I would suggest serving it with unsweetened whipped cream. Yummo!!! You can also use pie filling as well. Enjoy!

1 comment:

NickelNook said...

You mean you just pour the cake mix over the fruit DRY...right out of the box? You don't make it up first? But that's just too easy! It CAN'T be that EASY can it? Please confirm and then this will be my next to bake! Thanks Monica! :o)

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails