My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Canning can be dangerous!!!

Well it's harvest time again which happens to be my most favorite time of the year!
I've been grating zucchinis for muffins, eating vine ripe tomatoes daily and making jams and jellies. Yesterday, while I was making some crab apple jelly, I dropped a mason jar on the counter which shattered and then cut my foot in three different places, I thought it was so funny as I've never heard of anyone getting cuts and wounds while making jelly!!
The jelly tastes really, really good though!

1 comment:

NickelNook said...

Oh, no! I've actually never heard of any hazzards of canning either, Monica! lol So sorry you got hurt but you sure have some cool bandaids! My kids would hurt themselves on purpose if we had the cool ones! haha
I just love to hear the seal snapping on the jars! It's so satisfying, isn't it? Your jelly looks lovely! :o)

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails