My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Friday, June 1, 2012

The Bleeding Heart Story

Our Bleeding Heart Bush
Pink Bunnies
Slippers

At this time of year, so many people want to know the story about the Bleeding Heart so this is how I told it to my children.(While telling the story slowly peel the pieces away from the flower.)
 Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess and a handsome prince. The prince loved the princess and wanted to marry her. He asked, she said no. He figured if he gave her special gifts then he would win her heart. First he gave her some pink bunnies.She still said no. So he gave her some beautiful slippers; she still refused so he gave her some lovely dangly earrings.
The princess still refused so since the prince could not have the love of his life, he took his sword (that's the green bit - you have to use your imagination a little) and stabbed himself in the heart.
Hence the name the Bleeding Heart.
Dangling Earrings
Sword

1 comment:

NickelNook said...

We've always had Bleeding Hearts but I don't think I've ever heard that story! Thanks for sharing it, Monica! :o)

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails