My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Friday, June 1, 2012

A "No Reason" Get-Together!

 Don't you just love great get-togethers that are not really planned and are not for any special reason? They always turn out so perfectly. That's exactly how this evening unfolded. My sons and their families came by for supper and we ate outside a dinner of chili, salad and garlic bread.


 My daughter in law brought some Sangria mix so of course we HAD to try and it was so delicious!
 Papa made a fire and the grandsons enjoyed the campfire while my son serenaded us on the guitar.




Sitting by the campfire

Sangria
 The evening was topped off with a Rhubarb and Strawberry pie with ice cream from Fife and Dikel and some Angel Food Cake with strawberries and whipped cream. I'm so full both with food and contentment.
Yummy desserts!

2 comments:

NickelNook said...

WOW! That food sounds and looks so delicious! Sounds like a precious time with family! I love it when it ends with a fire and music! :o)

Heather R... mousemomma said...

Oh I love days like that! To me, these are holidays, not some date on a calendar that says you are supposed to be/feel/do... So happy for you!

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails