My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Friday, January 18, 2013

It's all about S.P.A.C.E.!

I want to tell you about the amazing organizing method called S-P-A-C-E which was developed by Julie Morgenstern. I have personally used this system whenever I'm overwhelmed with clutter. The S.P.A.C.E.system gives you an easy reminder for how to organize any space with these 5 easy to remember steps:
Sort Completely empty the closet or area you are wanting to organize. Go ahead and do it! Don't be scared!!This is the second hardest step.
PurgeNow this step is the hardest step.This step is where you purge, purge, purge! If you haven't used something in a year, recycle or donate to the Goodwill. Remember that you are NOT responsible for anyone else's memories.
Assess Look around and assess what you want to put where. Assess your space and what kinds of containers you will need for everything!
Conmpartmentalize Purchase ALL of the necessary containers etc, you will need. Splurge on that extra Rubbermaid container. You won't regret it!
EvaluateNow that all is in its place, promise yourself that you will re-evaluate your area once a week. You may need more/less containers etc.
And that's it! I've use this method several times and it works like a charm!! I promise you!

2 comments:

ScrappingLatina said...

This sounds like a great idea... I have try this method and HOPE that it works...hehehe... Tfs.

NickelNook said...

I agree, Monica! It's a very efficient and organized way to go about organizing! Thanks for this post!...Nancy :o)

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails