My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Alvin Ailey Dance Theater

We had such a lovely Valentine evening at the ballet. It was Richard's first time ever being at a ballet (other than to watch our daughter's competitions and recitals) so I hoped he wouldn't be disappointed. It was quite the contrary as we were treated to the talents of the Alvin Ailey Dance Theater.
Prior to curtain, the artistic director gave a small session explaining the different dances the company was going to perform and the various choreographers, and I have to say my most favorite of all was Alvin Ailey's original called 'Revelations.' Apparently it is the most viewed ballet in the world and has been seen by more people than have seen Swan Lake! I'm so glad to add my name of those privileged enough to witness such magic. Bravo!

1 comment:

Sue~tsnbjj said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's evening at the ballet Monica. I have never heard of that particular ballet but have had the amazing opportunity to see Swan Lake and it was truly amazing. Everyone should experience the ballet at least once in their life~! Hugs, Sue

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails