My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday Sabbath

I realize how blessed I am to take a sabbath any day of the week. Reflecting back on the days when I was employed full time, I would dream of days like today where I could sit by the fire and listen to the crackling birch as it slowly morphs into glowing embers. And my daydreams of past have truly been realized. After a rewarding hard day of teaching prenatal classes, it is really nice to curl up on the sofa and just chill.

5 comments:

DEBBIE ORR said...

Hi again Monica!

Nancy said...

Hello, my friend! Hope you're doing well! Thank you for sharing your lovely fire with me! :o)

Sue~tsnbjj said...

I'm so glad you are able to teach like you do and then just take a Sabbath and reflect. Your words are written like a true author Monica. Love reading your blog.

Fareeda said...

Well you are doing something I should also be doing, but I haven't post on my blog since July 2013 - Nothing happening, but I was only using it to post the cards I made. Any who, thanks so much for sharing what's going on with you during the week. I will enjoy following you this month.

Hart said...

I love my fireplace, when we bought our house 2 years ago were so blessed to have it. The last owners had small dogs like we do and it has a fenced in back yard and a puppy door in the bottom of the screen door. So in the winter we don't have to hold the door open for them and get cold.In the summer the dogs can come and go as they want to. This winter we were without power for 5 days and out fire place got us through.

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails