My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

No plans necessary!

Yesterday was one of those unexpected wonderful days.  It was still very cold, -29 Celcius so I didn't have too much planned. Just as I was about the lace my last sneaker to get on the treadmill I received a call from my dear friend asking me if I want to do an impromptu lunch and shopping with our mutual friend who is here visiting from the U.K.
Before she could finish her sentence I'm like Hella yeah!
We did our usual banter about ...where do you want to eat? I don't care you? I don't care... and we always end up at Original Joe's where we had a wonderful lunch and visit and caught up on all of our news. We  did a little shopping and then headed home tired and happy. That's the way to do it people. No plans necessary. Get on the phone and go!! Loved it and I love them both very much!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Sounds like fun, Monica! We just had a new Original Joe's open in Saskatoon! I look forward to going there soon!

Sue~tsnbjj said...

So much fun Monica! I don't know how you move in the cold weather. We rarely have really cold weather here in FL but when it gets cold here, my bones ache. LOL! You have some major gumption ladybug. :) Hugs, Sue

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails