My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Nose Warmers are cool!

Laugh at me if you must but nose warmers REALLY work! My nose was so cold today so I whipped one of these up. I remember having one as a teenager . My husband thinks I have completely lost my mind and that my neurosurgery couldn't come soon enough!...but hey... my nose is cozy warm so who's laughing now?! I found the pattern on Pixxi Dust blog and the pattern is as follows:

To knit nosewarmer:

Cast on 40 sts

Round 1: K1, p1
Round 2: K1, p1  
Work in stockinette st as follows 
Round 3: K
Round 4:K 
Round 5: *K6, K2tog, repeat from * to end.
Round 6: K
Round 7: *K5, K2tog, repeat from * to end.
Round 8: K
Round 9: *K4, K2tog, repeat from * to end.
Round 10: K
Round 11:*K3, K2tog, repeat from * to end.
Round  12: K
Round 13: *K2, K2tog, repeat from * to end.

Round 14: K
Round 15: * K1, K2tog, repeat from * to end.
Round 16: K
Round17: *K2tog, repeat from * to end. (5 sts left)
Cut yarn, use darning needle to pull through remaining sts and weave in ends.

To make cord:
I used six strands of the yarn and braid a long enough cord to fit around you head. I braided a 21 inch cord.
Tie cord onto nosewarmer and enjoy a toasty warm nose always!!!


1 comment:

Sue~tsnbjj said...

That is too cute! When my nose gets cold, I'm cold all over. How clever to make a little nose warmer. Very cute. hugs, Sue

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails