My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Run run run away, run away baby!

It is brutally cold outside today and I can no longer justify basking in the warmth of my fireplace like a sloth so...I decided to get back on track...so to speak. Prior to Christmas we put our treadmill in our bedroom to literally be the elephant in the room. It gets in the way, I bump my hips on it as I pass by as if it is trying to gently remind me why we put it there in the first place so today I laced up my sneakers and grabbed my gear (ipad, phone, remoteS and headphones and water)...you never know what emergency may arise in the 30 minute duration of my workout!
I placed on the headphones started with a Bruno Mars medley and by the time the song Runaway Baby was playing, I thought,' hey, I can do that. I can be a runaway baby' so I started running. I was first alarmed by the fact that I sounded like a herd of caribou running over the arctic tundra but once I settled in I managed to run for a total of 5 whole minutes of my 40 minute set. I was so impressed with myself, so impressed that I was sweating, not glowing or perspiring, but actually sweating like a true athlete! Ahh today was a good day!

7 comments:

Hart said...

Hi this is hartrose33 from you tube. Just seen your video and thought I would pop in. I think it is great that you were able to run. That is great view you have there.I know it is cold and snowing,I live in Mich so we have about the same weather.I have a funny story for you. So I have lost 75 lbs in the last year.375 lbs to 299.9 lbs. Up and a few lbs here and there and I hate that I am stuck right 300 lbs. But I know it is my body way of adjusting to my eating organic, gluten free, vegan. Anyway last night I was in bed on my back and I felt a hard lump by my hip. OMG! I thought what is that, it scared me at first because I know I did not bump into anything or fall and it did not feel bruised. So I started feeling around it more and more and I realized it was my HIP BONE! LOL!!! I even had my hubby feel it, we laughed and thought it was so funny. At least I know I am losing inches.

kangadventures said...

hi

Lorrie said...

Hi Monica!
I think its a great idea that you are going to blog daily, right on! Especially with your upcoming surgery, I know from experience that when you are starting to feel better after surgery, typing a bit feels good.
I'm on a healthier lifestyle quest myself, I've been going through many Life changes, learning to be single again after 25 years of marriage, phewf its tough. Anyhow, I'm a fan of your vlogs and look forward to reading your blogs as well.
Catch you tomorrow!

Lynn B. said...

Good for you! I need to work on mine more often, it's been neglected lately. Way to go with the running!! I don't know if I will ever be able to do that. Have a great day:-)

Aissa's said...

I always enjoy your videos. I will watch the series. I'm always looking for something to watch while crafting. Hugs.

Nancy said...

Woohoo for you! You did good! :o)

Sue~tsnbjj said...

Congrats on getting back in the swing of things with your exercise Monica! The 4th was my birthday so I've been playing catch up with everything. Running?! Seriously?! WOW! You go woman! Makes me think of a Katy Perry song...Roar! Awesome job. Hugs, Sue

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails