My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Friday, February 7, 2014

Warm tootsies!

While I have chosen to try to do some daily exercise on the treadmill in the comfort of my toasty warm home, my hubby Richard has decided to take a more daring route. Everyday after work, no matter how low the thermometer drops, he opts for walking for 3-4 miles outdoors! I decided to knit him some nice woolen socks to keep his tootsies warm, but the first pair I started were knit with a wool that was much too thick, so much so that they practically stood up by themselves! Now I've got these lovely natural wheat colored ones on my needles a I'm sure they'll do the trick! Now if I can only get them finished before the Spring thaw!

2 comments:

Sue~tsnbjj said...

LOL! Maybe those were boots you were knitting instead of socks. lol! Love the new ones. Just watched the vid where he was showing it off. I really need to learn how to knit. LOVE those socks. How blessed Richard is to have your knit him some warm running socks. Sheesh...3-4 miles. Ugh! How does he do it?!
Hugs, Sue

Linda said...

Here are the socks! Thin Richard needs double clothes for the cold weather you have if he is out walking. Well he was a mail man, right?
I like your blog!

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails