My photo
my name is monica but now i'm better known as nana. i have recurring dreams about faraway places and wild animals running free. i love to create with paper, food and yarn and i love to share snippets of my life.

Friday, February 14, 2014

What does the fox say?!

Richard and I have never been big on the commercial-ness of Valentine's day. We may go for dinner or exchange cards but if we don't it's really no big deal. When it came to my kids or now to my grandchildren, now that is completely another matter! This morning my mom (GG) and I headed to the dollar store and snatched up as much candies and trinkets that we could for the five little fellas! Once home I proceeded to bake some heart shaped brownies and while they were cooling I started to create the five little gift bags, While I was creating the "What did the fox say? Happy Valentine's Day" cards I knew I was enjoying this process way more than they would in receiving them. But it's all about taking joy in the process and taking joy in the journey and I must say I had fun!
And as a post script of sorts, 2 out of the 5 grandsons that received their loot so far absolutely loved it!

1 comment:

Sue~tsnbjj said...

We do the same here with each other Monica. Sometimes a card or something small but it's never been a favorite "holiday" of mine. I just never got the "day" of love. Day?! There are 365 days of love(!), not one. lol! I'm sure to do the same thing when I have grandchildren too though. LOL! :) Hugs, Sue

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails